Monday 23 January 2012

An Introduction

So, now that you have had a taster of what I am about and what I will be blogging about, its time to say a little about myself.  It will be a little because I will really be here all day, either I will get fed up or will bore the arse off of you guys.  So lets stick to the basics shall we.
My name is Janine, I am English, actually if I were to be specific, Yorkshire, as we really are a breed of our own ;)  I moved to Australia about 8 years ago and through good times and bad, I had a realisation that my life wasn't really going where I had always intended it to go.  I mean this more in the career journey than anything else.

I had been a Sports and Beauty Therapist since leaving school, done everything I wanted to and achieved what I needed to - I was bored!  It took several life changing events to make me realise that you only have one crack at this life, and by god I'm going to make a huge crack!
I decided to follow my passion which is Science, Earth Sciences such as Geology, Environmental Science, Meteorology, Astronomy and more.  So I am now a student at Murdoch University here in Perth WA, where I am studying three majors, three 'cos Im a bit tapped lol, these are Science majors in Physics, Environmental Science and Sustainability Science.  I was never that good at school, too busy being popular lol, that I didn't try as hard as I could have done.  Now is the time to make up for that!!

I am achieving a lot in the short time I have been their - I really feel that this is where I am meant to be, my true calling.  I don't know where I will end up, and don't really have any plans at the moment either, I am just rolling with it, enjoying this journey - its changing my life in so many positive ways that sometimes It can get a bit overwhelming lol.

All I know is that I want to make a difference, no matter how big or how small, and this is my way of starting about it.  I want this blog to express my views and my interests and share with the rest of you what I feel are some of the most beautiful, fascinating, amazing and important things that we can so easily take for granted.  My love for nature and our natural environment is ever growing and I welcome you to take this journey with me.  All my opinions are my own, not everyone will agree with me, some will, but I ask of you that if you do not, then don't hold it against me and comment in any negative way, this blog isn't about that nor do I want it to be - its purely about me expressing what I am passionate about the most and sharing that passion.

I will try and keep it funny too and not so serious but sometimes I can be crude 'cos I have a dark side too lol.

Cheers guys

Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment